Not a fan of watching football all day? Try this yummy and fun recipe to pass the time. We’ve all heard about cake pops (and their amaziness!) so why not try a rice krispy pop! The directions are pretty simple and you can use a cookie cutter of any shape for the final pop. Change the shape up for any holiday! Check it out!
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 Package of Mini Marshmallows
- 8.5 Cups of Rice Krispies Cereal (be a little daring and use Cocoa Rice Krispies!)
- 24 White Sticks about 5 inches long (you can get these at any craft store)
- Heat up a large pan and melt the butter over medium/low heat. Add the marshmallows and melt completely. Combine the rice krispie cereal to the marshmallow/butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment ot wax paper and place the rice krispie mixture and spread out evenly. Press down firmly and evenly. Allow to sit for about 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Grease a heart cookie cutter and press down evenly on the rice krispie mold and remove the heart shaped rice krispie treat. Take your stick and carefully pierce the bottom of the heart shaped rice krispie and stop when you have about 2.5 inches of stick remaining. Press firmly on a flat surface with your palms on each sides of the heart to secure the stick. Also, press the sides as well.
For chocolate ganach
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Package of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heat your heavy cream on medium-high and bring to a boil (or microwave for 1 minute). Pour the hot heavy cream on top of the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Dip the heart into the chocolate sauce and using a butter knife smooth out the surface also removing access chocolate.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and allow the hearts to set in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
And of course…wrap them up and make them a favor for any party!